This role is based in Edinburgh, Cork or from home in Ireland or UK.
Amazon Business is one of Amazon’s fastest growing new initiatives, providing business customers with the pricing, selection and convenience of Amazon, with features and benefits designed for businesses of all sizes. We are obsessed with our customers and in Customer Service, we make their experience delightful. We identify and drive business centric solutions by solving complex technical problems with ingenuity and simplicity, always seeking automation. We’re making history and the good news is that we’ve only just begun.
AB Information Architect role will sit within AB CS Knowledge team. We are a global team, supporting multiple regions and languages while still having fun! In Amazon Business Customer Service, our vision is "We revolutionize support so customers can focus on their businesses". For that, we want our content to be structured, intuitive, simplified, reusable, and we want to deliver it in a dynamic, contextual, and proactive manner. But above all, we need our content models to be scalable. Your mission: make it happen!
You will advocate for both the customer and the end-user (author) by designing new content management lifecycles and content models, establishing authoring and publishing standards and governance for online documentation and customer facing content. You will collaborate with UX, Product, Content and Program Managers globally. You will be a content expert who has had a demonstrated leadership role on a large, multilingual content development team. You will have extensive experience with DITA and an enterprise-wide Content Management System (CMS), and have an applied knowledge of information architecture.
We are looking for someone who displays an uncompromising passion for reducing user effort and improving the effectiveness of our content. Passionate and enthusiast with strong leadership skills. Someone who builds partnerships and influence in a cross-functional environment with a cutting-edge vision. Capable of identify opportunities and influence organizations to gain support and overcome resistance with data and persuasion. Some who is a problem solver and with the ability to communicate expectations and requirements equally well with business and technology teams, and write well-reasoned and data-driven proposals, performing your own data analysis as needed.
The Information Architect will be responsible for:
- Partnering with Product and Technology teams, content administrators, and end-users to assess the current content experience and determine immediate and long-term needs to support content use.
- Designing, implementing, and maintaining high-quality, multi-format outputs in many languages.
- Identify opportunities for automation and simplification, and roll out implementation.
- Creating strategies and rolling out implementation of DITA-based, structured, and reusable content using an Agile methodology.
- Defining the informational model for new upcoming Customer Service products.
- Researching and incorporating industry best practices and innovation into our information architecture (IA).
- Developing and maintaining taxonomies, metadata models, conditionalization, and classification schemas across our content.
- Developing a roadmap that includes immediate, easy-win improvements but also ultimately leads to a revolutionary change in how we plan, store, process, manage, and access content.
- BS degree in Information Management, Content Management, or another relevant discipline
- 7 or more years of applicable work experience leveraging technology across many processes to enable automation
- Demonstrated experience with HTML, XML, DITA and an enterprise-wide content management system (CMS)
- Experience leveraging technology across many processes to enable automation
- Experience designing, implementing, and managing ontologies
- Experience building taxonomies, terminology databases, etc
- Experience with information modeling, data diagramming, and content optimization
- Ability to translate business needs into long-term IA solutions
- Demonstrated analytical skills
- Demonstrated Project/Program Management skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to present IA concepts and deliverables in a compelling and convincing manner
- Masters' degree in Information Management
- Experience in a large, global organization
- Experience in a Customer Service team
- Ability to interact with and influence others effectively through teamwork and diplomacy
- Understanding of SEO
- Familiarity with learning management systems
- Experience with best practices in adaptive/responsive web design
- Some background in technical writing, User Experience (UX)
- Experience with migrating legacy content solutions to DITA
- Experience working in an Agile environment