Assists in the creation, maintenance and enrichment of metadata representing the University Library’s digital, physical and virtual collections. Manages the acquisition and processing of library materials.Responsibilities
- Cataloging: In close collaboration with Materials Services Librarian, conduct cataloging and classification of materials for the University Library in all formats following national, consortial, and local cataloging standards and practices. Assist with digital projects (processing and describing) from the Bethel History Center and Digital Library and perform catalog maintenance (weeding, data cleanup, and authority control) as needed.
- Acquisitions: Manage the acquisition of library requests in physical formats (including ordering, invoicing, receiving, cancelling, budget management, etc.).
- Research & Instruction: Provide research assistance in person, via email, chat, or phone. Provide Liaison services to assigned departments, including collaborating with faculty to prepare and deliver information literacy instruction; provide individualized instruction and consultation with faculty and students.
- Serve on committees (e.g. University Library, CLIC consortium, working groups.)
- With the academic environment.
- Skill with teaching, presentation, and design of learning objects for the classroom or the online course environment.
- Knowledge of customer service best practices and strategies.
- Ability to multi-task and to work both independently and collaboratively, with or without direct supervision.
- Ability to work within online course management system.
- Skill with the research process, communicating this process to individuals or groups
- Strong ability to work collaboratively with groups outside the library, whether on committees or other joint projects.
- Working knowledge of current copyright law and processes as they apply to higher education.
- Strong networking and liaison skills.
3 years’ experience in an academic library setting preferred.Required Education
MLIS from an ALA accredited program strongly preferred.Additional Information
Ability to lift 25 pounds.
Must be able to work at a computer desk for extended periods of time.