The Director of Metadata Services is responsible for the development, management and metadata integrity within Turner's system of record, its content annotation application and the taxonomy management system that supports both. These three major applications combine to supply metadata to critical revenue and consumer-facing downstream systems, as well as content description metadata, which has multiple uses ranging from marketing to advertising to recommendation engines.
- Monitors and evaluates the industry landscape and aligns the Metadata Services department with these best practices in mind.
- Acts as a strategic partner with Brand programming, Data Science software developers, content distribution partners and ad sales to develop/implement metadata governance for our Brands.
- Evaluates new technologies and products, develops workflows and recommends and/or vets products that offer automated (AI) solutions to content tagging.
- Functions as an advocate across the entire organization and to upper management on the value of accurate and relevant metadata.
- Participates in industry panel discussion on metadata best practices and represents WarnerMedia at conferences and symposiums.
- Oversees the day-to-day functions and long-term development of Metadata Services; includes managing the execution of daily workflows, performance management, work schedules, and PTO requests.
- Defines and implements positions to support Metadata Services department.
- Oversees liaison efforts and client outreach between Metadata Services and Brand Partners.
- Supports Leadership and strategic direction of Metadata Services through regular feedback and in-depth data-gathering.
- Provides Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) of content description metrics and titles metrics in support of Executive Dashboards and Accounting.
- 5-8 years experience in metadata services with a media company.
- 3-5 years experience managing a metadata or database team or organization.
- Working knowledge of cataloging, indexing, archiving as it relevant to media.
- Familiarity with data modeling and developing taxonomies.
- Proven communicator who able to present concepts and workflows clearly in presentations for a range of audiences.
- Masters of Library or Information Science degree from an accredited institution or Master's degree from a related field.
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
- 2018 Best Company for Dads
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands