Digital Asset Specialist is responsible for selection, implementation, administration, and oversight of the Digital Asset Management (DAM) system. Responsibilities include generating digital assets, creating and maintaining governance rules, managing vendor relationships for third party assets, managing internal stakeholder communications regarding digital assets, assigning appropriate metadata for assets, as well as maintaining and upgrading the DAM system.Minimum QualificationsEducation/Training
Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
3 years of experience working with Digital Asset Management systems in relevant industries. Experience creating graphics for digital use including images, icons, infographics, webpage layouts, etc. Experience in developing for WordPress and other CMS platforms. Experience with asset curation.License/Certification/Registration
No special certification, registration or licensure is required.Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Ability to breakdown problems and develop a solution from system design to implementation.
- Ability to communicate well verbally and in writing with good time management skills.
- Strong knowledge of DAM, ADA, metadata taxonomy, and SEO best practices, strategy principles and concepts for assets and digital content.
- Solid knowledge of web publishing and content management systems best practices/standards.
- Solid knowledge of media Digital Rights Management (DRM).
- Solid knowledge in graphics creation and editing.
- Sound experience in data governance, standards and process development.
- Strong knowledge and experience working with APIs; innovative and logical thinker.
- Strong ability to perform core project management documentation, including Statements of Work and Business Requirements Documentation, and authoring Status Reports.
- Data-driven thinker with excellent analysis and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Contributes to the achievement of established department goals and objectives and adheres to department policies, procedures, quality standards, and safety standards. Complies with governmental and accreditation regulations.
- Responsible for leading overall strategy, implementation and workflow of the Digital Asset Management system.
- Collaborates with the Corporate brand team (and other internal constituencies) to ensure that assets conform to all applicable brand guidelines.
- Generates graphic elements and manipulates graphics for use on digital platforms and uploads them into the DAM.
- Acts as primary liaison between digital marketing and various stakeholders, internal and external (vendors, third party content providers), regarding digital assets.
- Responsible for assigning appropriate metadata for assets to ensure searchability and accurate usage rights.
- Ensures that all downloaded, repurposed or created assets match all requirements and follow the brand standard.
- Manages the Digital Asset system and facilitate the uploading of assets as well as maintaining and upgrading the system.
- Registers and trains internal and external users to the Digital Asset Management system based on permissions.
- Facilitates retrieval of previously cataloged images/shoots.
- Processes raw images using the appropriate software and archive assets as necessary.
- Create workflow for the use of assets with DAM, generate asset download reports.
- Tracks copyright information, vendor information and licensing parameters for all images.
- Keeps informed of latest Digital Asset Management technology trends and innovation.
- Participate in multidisciplinary quality and service improvement teams as appropriate. Participate in meetings, serve on committees and represents the department and hospital/facility in community outreach efforts as appropriate.
- Perform other duties as assigned.