YOUR POSITION WITH TNC
The Digital Asset Manager works to support the digital asset and content management needs of The Nature Conservancy. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
The Digital Asset Manager is responsible for daily operations of ingesting, curating, organizing, and general asset maintenance of the DAM system. He/she will also be responsible for digital asset lifecycle maintenance including asset expiration and digital archiving.RESPONSIBILITIES AND SCOPE
- Responsible for curating, ingesting, organizing, cataloging, managing all digital assets (photography, video, design, and production assets).
- Receive digital assets directly and manage those assets by adhering to and maintaining digital naming conventions, file management, and quality control.
- Maximize discovery of digital assets metadata that follows established guidelines and are consistent with business objectives.
- Manage lifecycle of digital assets to include tracking usage rights and flagging/managing expirations.
- Audit assets for accurate naming and metadata, adhering to the Creative team’s naming and metadata standards.
- Identify and communicate opportunities for improvement to aid in the overall enrichment of the metadata lifecycle.
- Work with internal clients, frequently interacting with other functional departments.
- Support teams with asset curation, research and collection.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant technical discipline and 3 years’ experience or equivalent combination.
- Cataloging or metadata management experience.
- Experience with all graphic file formats, their roles and particularities.
- Experience with taxonomy and metadata standards to enhance search functionality.
- Experience working effectively in a fast paced, team environment.
- Experience with detail-oriented and the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Experience interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate, both written and verbally with other departments and stakeholders.
- Experience with multi-tasking in a fast-paced work environment.
- 5+ years of experience in managing digital collections.
- Interest in design, photography, video, and information management.
- Extensive knowledge of DAM systems, including structure, functionality, and taxonomy.
- Superior organization, project management skills and attention to detail.
- Advanced skills in database creation and management, and date storage methods and security.
- Multi-lingual skills and multi-cultural or cross-cultural experience appreciated.