Condé Nast is a global media company, home to iconic brands including Vogue, The New Yorker, GQ, Glamour, AD, Vanity Fair and Wired, among many others. The company's award-winning content reaches 84 million consumers in print, 367 million in digital and 379 million across social platforms, and generates more than 1 billion video views each month.
The company is headquartered in London and New York, and operates in 32 markets worldwide, including China, France, Germany, India, Italy, Japan, Mexico & Latin America, Russia, Spain, Taiwan, the U.K
. and the U.S
., with local license partners across the globe.
As the DAM Technical Lead, you report to the DAM Team Lead and are responsible for the successful design and operation of the CNI Digital Asset Management (DAM) solution developed by our development team and consultants, as well as the ecosystem around the platform.
CN DAM solution is a cloud based Digital Asset Repository built upon the Adobe AEM and provides images services for internal users geographically dispersed in all of our countries.
This is a hands on role focused on technical integration design with a degree of coordination activity required amongst support, testing lead, product owner and scrum masters as a single point-of-contact to ensure delivery of valid technical solutions that solve business problems.Key Duties & Responsibilities
Essential Skills & Requirements
- Owns and manages the delivery of high-quality, secure, elegant, robust, performant and cost effective solutions.
- Communicates the solution design to the system integrators with sufficient detail to allow them to deliver the solution as specified.
- Acts as the design authority from the technical perspective, coaches team in development practices and reviews code changes.
- Works closely with 3rd party vendors and suppliers throughout the delivery process, overseeing development tasks and ensuring solutions meet the required specification and meet the required quality, performance and security standards.
- Is the technical subject matter expert for solutions in their area and single point of contact for technical and delivery queries by third party delivery partners and internal teams, throughout the delivery process.
- Proactively communicate relevant delivery risks and suggests mitigation options to project manager and delivery team.
- Owns and ensures the creation and delivery of all solution documentation, required to release and support the product.
- Works closely with Technical Support Engineer to ensure a smooth transition into production and reacts to escalation of production issues driving them towards resolution.
- Have experience of integration projects working across many of the following technologies:
- DAM solutions, specifically Adobe AEM (CQ5)
- J2SE, Apache Sling, OSGi services, CRX
- Single Sign-on solutions based on SAML (OKTA)
- Search and indexing technologies (Lucene, …)
- REST API
- Workflow Management System (K4, Censhare)
- AWS: EC2, ELB, Route53, SQS, SNS, S3
- CircleCI, GitHub
- Experience and ability to conceptually understand the implications and propose architectures for large Web based solutions of different sizes, their implications on the solution concept and development as well as understanding the impact of caching measures.
- Past technical support experience working in other Digital Asset Management systems is an asset.
- Good knowledge of publishing software applications (InDesign, Photoshop, DPS) is a plus.
- At least two years experience acting as the Technical Lead for a relevant application is essential
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; the ability to articulate technical solutions and how they can solve customer business problems.