Digital Asset Management (DAM) Events
Join DAM Guru Program members and others at DAM Meetups, conferences, webinars and more, all over the world, all year long. Click the button to add a new event. Contact email@example.com for help or edits to listed events.
Note: The event map shows only those events listed on the current page. Use “previous events” and “next events” links (bottom of events list) to see the locations of other events.
- This event has passed.
Information Governance in the Cloud – the Path Forward
April 4 @ 11:00 am - 1:00 pm CST$25.00
The journey to the collaborative and governed cloud has been a long and winding road with bumps and hairpin turns. Users are frustrated, lawyers are concerned, and management is wondering where the payback is. 2019 looks like it may deliver the unified content governance that the market has been promised since AIIM put “enterprise” into enterprise content management but in a cloud context that is different from the ECM solutions that are widely deployed.
This session will describe how innovations in the three leading Public Clouds, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Azure and Google are changing the rules and opportunities for Information Governance. Mike Alsup, a leading consultant in information governance and the Founder of Gimmal, will establish a framework for this new environment.
This session will cover:
• What have we learned on the road to enterprise content management in the cloud?
• What are the challenges in implementing information governance opportunities in AWS, Azure and Google?
• What does a unified information governance platform enable from a solution perspective for users, lawyers, and management?
• What would it mean to have unified information governance in the Microsoft cloud?
• What is the role of Office 365 in this analysis?
• Networking, 11:00-11:20
• Lunch, 11:20-Noon
• Presentation, discussion, demonstration, etc., Noon-1:00