Current Location: Americas
Willing to work in: North America
Work location details: Washington State, Puget Sound region
Start Date: 2013-11-01
Job Level: Individual
Job Type: Manager, Supervisor
Job Contract: Full-time, Part-time, Contract, Work at office, Work remotely
Years working in DAM: 3 – 5 years
DAM skills: DAM software configuration, DAM software training, DAM software administration, DAM software use, Taxonomy design, Metadata schema design, DAM policy design
DAM software experience: Other
Experience (Other): MediaBin, ContentDM
I love to make things findable and to create a simple and effective user experience through digital asset management. My experience crosses media, including photography, sound recordings and video.
Holland America Lines, Digital Assets Manager. Nov 2011–Present
Manages two databases with more than 35,000 born-digital assets, such as photographs, maps and logos. Oversees ingestion and cataloging of all images to create successful search experience.
• Continually streamlines metadata and metadata schema.
• Developed and maintains controlled vocabulary of keywords for describing images and assets.
• Reviews and updates ontology and indexing process.
• Developed and maintains file naming protocol.
• Works with global customer base, making sure users have the knowledge and access to have successful search experience.
• Trains users in search techniques.
• Solicits feedback on processes to improve user experience.
• Manages permissions so more than 500 global users have proper access to assets.
• Communicates with users both on line and verbally, over the phone and in person.
• Communicates with IT and business stakeholders to gauge on-going project success.
• Oversees cataloger, maintaining keyword standards and data integrity.
University of Washington Libraries, Multiple Positions. Aug 2010 – Nov 2011
Described, preserved and created access to historic audio and visual resources in three library units. Improved inter-unit collaboration.
• Developed metadata strategy for oral history digitization project. Worked with curators and technical staff on data dictionary and preservation standards.
• Cataloged digital images, formulating titles and adding keywords using Getty Art and Architecture Thesaurus, and establishing relationships within database.
• Managed a project to digitize and index a collection of audio recording about Seattle history.
• Worked with community organizations to improve awareness and use of music collections.
Getty Images, Search and Taxonomy Intern. June – August 2011
Worked with Getty Images’ name authority file to improve search results for editorial photographs, creating spelling and search synonyms, and addressing candidate foreign language terms, including those with diacritics.
• Analyzed search result statistics and addressed user-supplied search terms that returned zero results.