Current Location: Asia
Willing to work in: Oceania
Work location details: New Zealand, Wellington
Start Date: 2014-02-01
Job Level: Individual
Job Type: Administrator, Supervisor, Trainer
Job Contract: Full-time
Years working in DAM: 6 – 10 years
DAM skills: DAM software installation, DAM software configuration, DAM software training, DAM software administration, DAM software use, Metadata schema design, Automated workflow design, DAM policy design, Business process design
DAM software experience: Other
Experience (Other): Dalet|Ardome
Summary: 6+ years of Leadership and workflow Design, Integration, Implementation and Execution of Digital Asset Management projects in Media & Entertainment domain. Accomplished and performance-driven professional with an experience of leading overall strategy, implementation and workflow of the Digital Asset Management system for IBM.
Experience at all levels from building intelligent algorithms & workflow design, metadata modeling, understanding intellectual property rights down to the hardware & networking and troubleshooting network outages or catastrophic software crashes. Experience in Telecom and Media & Entertainment domains. Excellent communication, inter-personal, and customer support skills.
SUMMARY OF PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
• Involved in project bidding and winning the contract by detailing the customers about our DAM solution, our integration with the best of breed technologies and products and the ROI.
• Led implementation of DAM solution to convert tape-based environment to a reliable, economical, scalable, and extensible file-based solution, enhancing the quality and time-to-air of the existing product, while creating a solid foundation for future growth.
• Individual contributor in providing end to end solution to MSM that addresses all of the MSM’s major functional areas, including Ingest, Shared Storage, High-resolution Editing, Media Asset Management System and Low-resolution Browse-Edit.
• Established digital workflow for MSM audio-video content and broadcast workflows and integrated it with MSM’s existing systems (Apple FCP, Smoke and Graphics system).
• Closely worked with client to evaluate needs and identify opportunities for improvement. Made significant improvements and savings throughout their business.|• Created, built, and led the teams of up to 4 software engineers including permanent and contract resources in multi-site environment to work on deployment of DAM and tapeless production in MSM.
• Trained the fellow team members, clients and the end users about the entire DAM usage and maintenance with tips and tricks.
o Implemented the entire Digital workflow in MSM by integrating several products like Amberfin iCR, Baton and StorNext.
o Evaluated the operational components that make up the workflow systems to determine the quality, efficiency and identified deficiencies by analyzing complex and interconnected systems.
o Worked with various Vendors troubleshooting various complex issues experienced in the project.|o Digitized the tape-based workflow into a tapeless workflow by implementing Dalet- Robust MAM platform with lifecycle media, essence and metadata management and integrated the same with transcoders, Quality check and data movement softwares.|o Resolved various hardware and networking issues blocking the project progress.
o Maintain and update schematics and layouts in detail for easy troubleshooting.